Are you an experienced, self driven controller that pays attention to the details while constantly thinking towards to the future?
Accomplice is searching for a Controller who has the institutional know-how along with the desire to work in a more fast paced & entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate will be able to take over the day to day accounting operations of the company while continuously establishing and improving financial processes. After an initial 30 days, this position will be 75% remote (work from home).
- Proactive and driven for accuracy, effective with multi-tasking and very organized.
- Independent; a confident self-starter with a competitive side
- Enjoys troubleshooting and finding the most effective ways of getting things done
- Strives for perfection; failing is not an option
- Matter of fact and data-filled with your communication
- Known for your ‘by the book’ style and loves researching to obtain factual information to be a subject-matter expert
- You expect a lot out of yourself and others and will follow up with team members to insure tasks are done correctly
- Very orderly and streamlined.
- Prefers project-based work, but can complete and delegate tasks to completion
- A person who likes to cross items off their list as they’re completed
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organization structure adequate for achieving the departments’ goals and objectives.
- Oversee & manage relationship with outsourced bookkeeping agency
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures in house, while managing other outsourced functions.
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations
- Ensure accuracy & JL entries for intra-company transactions
- Ensure that all transactions within the firm and its subsidiaries are managed and recorded in a timely and efficient manner.
- Create and present reports, including but not limited to - financial statements, performance reviews, parter equity statements, annual budgets, forecasts, variances.
- Establish & maintain vendor accounts
- Coordinate the provision of information to external CPA for the annual tax prep and audit.
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Oversee & ensure accuracy in the month-end closing and accounts reconciliation processes
- Implement and start-up of new clients
- Ad-hoc projects related to accounting, finance and business operations
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent business experience and 5+ years of accounting/business experience. Experience in a multi-entity environment with cross company transactions is desired.
This position has a salary range of $75,000 -$100,000, medical/supplemental benefits, a fun environment and an outstanding opportunity to telecommute at least 50-75% of the time. Candidate must be based in Austin.
Candidate sponsorship is not provided. Candidate must provide proof of current eligibility to work in the United States.