Are you an experienced, self driven controller that pays attention to the details while constantly thinking towards to the future?
Accomplice is searching for a Controller who has the institutional know-how along with the desire to work in a more fast paced & entrepreneurial environment. The ideal candidate will be able to take over the day to day accounting operations of the company while continuously establishing and improving financial processes. This is a key management position that reports directly to the managing partners.
- Proactive and driven for accuracy, effective with multi-tasking and very organized.
- Independent; a confident self-starter with a competitive side
- Enjoys troubleshooting and finding the most effective ways of getting things done
- Strives for perfection; failing is not an option
- Matter of fact and data-filled with your communication
- Known for your ‘by the book’ style and loves researching to obtain factual information to be a subject-matter expert
- You expect a lot out of yourself and others and will follow up with team members to insure tasks are done correctly
- Very orderly and streamlined.
- Prefers project-based work, but can complete and delegate tasks to completion
- A person who likes to cross items off their list as they’re completed
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organization structure adequate for achieving the departments’ goals and objectives.
- Oversee & manage relationship with outsourced bookkeeping agency
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures in house, while managing other outsourced functions.
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations
- Ensure accuracy & JL entries for intra-company transactions
- Ensure that all transactions within the firm and its subsidiaries are managed and recorded in a timely and efficient manner.
- Create and present reports, including but not limited to - financial statements, performance reviews, parter equity statements, annual budgets, forecasts, variances.
- Establish & maintain vendor accounts
- Coordinate the provision of information to external CPA for the annual tax prep and audit.
- Comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Oversee & ensure accuracy in the month-end closing and accounts reconciliation processes
- Implement and start-up of new clients
- Ad-hoc projects related to accounting, finance and business operations
The candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent business experience and 5+ years of accounting/business experience. Experience in a multi-entity environment with cross company transactions is desired.
We offer a competitive salary, medical/supplemental benefits, a fun environment and an outstanding opportunity to telecommute at least 50-75% of the time.