- Earnest and hardworking, thorough, and very efficient in completing the work at hand.
- Highly self-motivated but also willing to maintain close communication with the team
- Curious - enjoy learning the nuts & bolts of systems, then applying them to a methodology
- Goal Oriented - You know that even if software “works”, if it doesn’t solve the underlying problem it’s not “done”.
- Considers problem solving is rewarding - unceasingly 'fixing' things
- Deliberate and matter of fact with your communication
- Easy going, respectful, and show independent initiative
- A person who likes to cross items off their list as they're completed
- Good at explaining technical issues "in plain English"
- Developed Java applications including RESTful services using Springboot or Spring MVC
- Written cloud/platform based systems on the Oracle Software Stack including Java, WebLogic (Coherence a big plus, SOLR a small plus)
- Used distributed cache for high availability / high throughput applications
- Worked within a highly complex corporate development infrastructure
- Experience with Git-based repositories such as Bitbucket preferred
- Managed data in a NoSQL data store (optional - preferably MongoDB)
- Written unit tests, preferably with JUnit or Mockito
Why? ... Because:
- You don’t want to spend 40+ hours in a cube
- Productivity is how much time you save others from repetitive work and removing blockers in their path
- You want to work in small teams with big ideas
This role is a full-time salary position requiring potential of 15% travel to on-site client meetings in Dallas, TX. Applicant can be based anywhere in the continental US. Must be willing and able to work at least 4-6 hours of your day during “core hours” (between 10 & 4 CST) and flexible about taking occasional calls outside your normal working hours.
Candidate sponsorship is not provided. Candidate must provide proof of current eligibility to work in the United States.